Right, now that I've had my little plug...
...I hope you're in the mood for a celebration, because The Album Wall is TWO YEARS OLD today! The blog's very first post was published on this day in 2013, and we've had all sorts of fun since then:
- We've covered roughly a third of 69 Love Songs
- We've navigated an entire Welsh Music Prize shortlist together
- We've poked holes in a whole bunch of classic albums, from Queen of Denmark to The Queen is Dead
- We've basked in the insight of Public Service Broadcasting, one of my favourite bands currently active
- We've recorded a whole album's worth of songs about our all-time favourite records
- We've gotten angry about Conservative victories, misogynistic musicians, unauthorised leaks, and free U2 albums
- And, of course, we've over-analysed (or 'albumwalled') more LPs than most people will ever bother to listen to in their entire lives. Well done us!
I'm so proud of everything The Album Wall has been over the last two years, and I couldn't have done it without all of you. I'm not about to thank everyone by name, but suffice it to say that if you've ever read, enjoyed, shared, commented on, questioned, or contributed to my little album blog in any way, I'm immensely grateful for your help.
And, of course, I'm still going strong - hopefully I'll be dissecting your favourites and making up bizarre theories for many years to come.