Friday, September 23, 2016

Hello Autumn (Playlist)


I love autumn, and I especially love listening to music when it's autumn. The crisp, cold air, the changing colours around me, the fact that I'm wearing a jumper that's I've had since I was in secondary school...all of this stuff serves to enhance the sounds I'm hearing and up the general feeling of warmth and nostalgia. This is my time of year, people.

Yesterday (the 22nd of September 2016) was the autumnal equinox and the official beginning of autumn in the northern hemisphere. To mark the occasion, I asked my Twitter followers to suggest some of their favourite autumnal albums - the following playlist is made up of songs from the records they chose (plus a few favourites of my own).


That playlist in full:

PART ONE
Mercury Rev - Holes (from Deserter's Songs)
Superchunk - Song for Marion Brown (from Indoor Living)
Euros Childs - Autumn Leaves (from Cheer Gone)
The Housemartins - I Smell Winter (from London 0 Hull 4 [Deluxe Edition])
Yo La Tengo - Autumn Sweater (from I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One)
Goldfrapp - Caravan Girl (from Seventh Tree)
Van Morrison - Ballerina (from Astral Weeks)

INTERLUDE
Jean Michel Jarre - Équinoxe Part 5 (from Équinoxe)

PART TWO
R.E.M. - Drive (from Automatic for the People)
Midlake - Van Occupanther (from The Trials of Van Occupanther)
Ken Stringfellow - Down Like Me (from Touched)
Little Wings - Fat Chance (from Explains)
Lucinda Williams - Right in Time (from Car Wheels on a Gravel Road)
Georgia Ruth - A Slow Parade (from Week of Pines)
Fleet Foxes - Oliver James (from Fleet Foxes)

No comments:

Post a Comment