On the 10th of June, 2013, I published a blog post listing some of my favourite album openers (including Dance Yrself Clean by LCD Soundsystem and The Chad Who Loved Me by Mansun).
3 whole years and 450 posts later, The Album Wall is somehow still going strong. Writing this blog has opened my ears to all kinds of music I might not have heard otherwise; it's also given me an excuse to interview some of my favourite artists, interact with loads of other great bloggers/writers, and generally overthink my favourite music, old and new, like never before.
If you'd like to do something special for the blog's 3rd birthday, any combination of the following would make a fantastic present:
- Follow The Album Wall on Twitter! @TheAlbumWall
- Like The Album Wall on Facebook! The address is www.facebook.com/thealbumwall
- Subscribe to The Album Wall's mailing list! The signup form can be found here.
- Write a guest blog post! Guest posts are always welcome because a) it's nice to get some viewpoints beside my own on here occasionally, and b) each one frees up a little of my time and energy, which helps me to make my own posts better and more in-depth. Just pick an album you love, write some words about it, and email those words to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download Songs About Albums: Volume 1! It's available for FREE at thealbumwall.bandcamp.com.
- Share thealbumwall.blogspot.co.uk with someone who might enjoy it! Whether you do it via Twitter, Facebook, message in a bottle, or plain ol' word of mouth, spreading the word is always very much appreciated!
Thanks again for staying interested for all this time - normal service resumes on Monday!